Denver tops the list of more than 140 metros where homes are on the market for the fewest number of days, unseating Oakland, Calif., for that top spot, according to realtor.com®’s National Housing Trend Report for March. Oakland had occupied the top spot for the fewest days on the market on realtor.com®’s report since November 2013.
The national average for days on the market is 102 days, but in some markets, listings are typically on the market for a month or even less.
Realtor.com®’s report shows the following 10 metro areas with the lowest median days on the market:
- Denver: 25 days
- Oakland, Calif.: 27 days
- San Jose, Calif.: 31 days
- San Francisco: 33 days
- Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, Wash.: 38 days
- Boulder-Longmont, Colo.: 42 days
- Anchorage, Alaska: 43 days
- Stockton-Lodi, Calif.: 48 days
- San Diego: 51 days
- Austin-San Marcos, Texas: 52 days