These geeky kind of stats, averages, and trends are actually really important since they give us a good picture of what has happened recently, how it compares to where we were 1 year ago, and what it may say about what is to come.
- Average sale price for single family homes was $361,307, down 2.36% from August and up 7.13% from September 2013
- Median sale price for single family homes remained unchanged at $310,000 from the previous month, but up 10.27% year-over-year
- Condo market showed an average sale price of $217,792, down 0.76% from August and up 7.34% from September 2013
- Median sale price for condos was down 1.34% to $180,000, but showed a significant year-over-year increase of 13.71%
- The current year-to-date sales volume for residential (single family and condo) was $13.271 billion which represents a 3.18% increase from 2013 and a sizeable 37.73% increase compared to 2012.
By the numbers, the inventory of available single family residences and condos for sale was 7,556 at September month end: 5,045 homes came onto the market, 4,622 homes were placed under contract, and 4,737 homes closed at a median sold price of $275,000 and an average sold price of $319,619 resulting in a closed dollar volume of $1.5 billion.
Residential (Single Family plus Condo):
Active Inventory: 7,556 -6.93%
Sold Homes: 4,737 -8.87% prior month
Average Price: $319,619-2.72% prior month
Median Sold Price: $275,000 -0.31% prior month
Average Days on Market: 33 10.00% prior month
Active Inventory: 6,155 7.00% prior month
Sold Homes: 3,361 -10.75% prior month
Average Price: $361,307 -2.36% prior month
Median Sold Price: $310,000 0.00% prior month
Average Days on Market: 36 12.50% prior month
Active Inventory: 1,401 -6.66% prior month
Sold Homes: 1,376 -3.91% prior month
Average Price: $217,792 -0.76% prior month
Median Sold Price: $180,000 -1.34% prior month
Average Days on Market: 28 16.67% prior month