Wall Street Journal has an article entitled "Where You Should Move to Make the Most Money: America’s Superstar Cities." Coming in high at number 4 is Boulder Colorado. “Technology is creating an economy in which superstar employees work for superstar firms that gather them into superstar cities, leading to a stark geographic concentration of wealth." The article cites a study by the Brookings Institution that created an index of every metro area in the U.S. according to the extent to which their workers use computers in their jobs (their digitalization).
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, Calif.
- California-Lexington Park, Md.
- Huntsville, Ala.
- Boulder, Colo.
- Durham-Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Trenton, N.J.
- Washington D.C.-Arlington-Alexandria, Va.-Md.-W.Va.
- Boston-Cambridge-Newton, Mass.-N.H.
- Austin-Round Rock, Texas
- San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, Calif.
- Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Salt Lake City